I really enjoyed sitting down with Matt Britton because I worked in advertising for a decade before going solo as a marketing consultant. As you know, I fell in love with writing and interviewing so I decided not to grow my business into an full blown agency. Still, I love the world of advertising and hearing how successful agency owners scaled their businesses. If you're in marketing or advertising, thinking about going out on your own, or you are already a B2B consultant, you will love this episode!
Matt Britton is the founder of New York-based agency MRY. Since founding the agency - in his bedroom - in 2002, he has worked with some giant brands like Microsoft, Coca-Cola, and Visa. He has also become a leader in social media marketing and millennial marketing, speaking at industry conferences around the globe. He's also a featured advertising expert for Forbes, the WSJ, CNBC, Mashable, the New York Times, and others.
How did he go from solo consultant to over 500 employees and then a multi-million dollar exit? Watch to find out!
For more information about Matt, visit MattBritton.com.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- How to start a company right out of college (1:40)
- Signs that you "have your legs under you" (3:40)
- When to hire help (5:35)
- How to grow your business and reach millennials (7:50)
- The meaning of DIFTI (11:32)
- How to retain motivated, younger employees (18:53)
- Mistakes young entrepreneurs make the most often (20:52)