How to Bounce Back and Achieve Success After Failure
This was a special interview. I got the genius vibe from James that I had when sitting with Seth Godin. Like Godin, I think Altucher "sees" things that most of us miss. He also took over the interview and had me discuss my own failures at one point. Sneaky guy. Altucher can discuss failure at length, experiencing massive failure to the tune of tens of millions of dollars, twice. He is now a hedge fund manager, bestselling author podcaster and the founder or cofounder of more than 20 businesses, including Reset Inc. and StockPickr. He is a prolific writer, with multiple bestselling books, a popular blog, and writing gigs for sites like The Financial Times, TheStreet.com, Thought Catalog, and The Huffington Post. Most recently he is known for his popular podcasts, which have totaled over 12 million downloads.
Now he’s back on track with his current businesses, books, and podcasts, and definitely has some unique wisdom to share about achieving true success. For more information about James, visit JamesAltucher.com.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Why it's important to invest in yourself (10:34)
- Tips for keeping customers (18:30)
- Advice for selling your business (20:56)
- What warning signs to look for when you're on your way down (23:15)
- How to become an idea machine (30:10)
- Tips for starting a podcast (36:26)
- How we can learn from the past (47:38)
LISTEN ON THE GO
Pin & Post These Amazing Quotes from the Episode